I’ve been mulling on this idea for a few months, and I guess it’s just time to put it out there.
In brief, I’m looking to partner with a few people who want to take advantage of my online marketing platform in return for some compensation (fee / share of revenues / etc.). Specifically, I want to know YOUR ideas for how YOU would partner with me.
Here are the facts as I see them…
1. Incredible Potential
Webdesignfromscratch.com is a kick-ass domain! Here are the top traffic keywords from Google Analytics over the past four weeks.
That’s only what I could fit on the screen, but Analytics shows 38,313 visits to the domain in the past month, of which 29,766 came from organic search.
I also have a mailing list with over 8000 contacts that has grown by 4000 in the past year.
Bottom line: If YOU were to post your high-quality content on my website, it has a great chance of ranking well. Plus we can instantly promote it to thousands of people who are interested in web design, marketing, copywriting etc..
2. Seriously Under-Utilized
When I was in the agency business, I ran a five-figure monthly business with several staff with zero marketing work, other than posting on Web Design from Scratch.
Here’s what I learned early on…
Sharing what works and telling people how you get great results for clients is the perfect advertisement for your business!
While I am still working in web marketing, design, development, I don’t have the time to continue to develop new courses, books, and other products.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll have seen the evolution away from web design, SEO, CRO etc. and through ethical marketing and the open-source movement.
These days my professional focus is more on innovation for companies, and my personal passion is in the area of sustainability and green living.
So I’m not posting enough on WDFS, and I’m not mailing my list enough. These are amazing resources that are simply not being used optimally. That means there’s a huge amount of business — and money — sitting on the table.
3. You Need More Business, I Want to Help.
I’m looking for a few partners who share my values, who have big ideas, and who are keen to build something cool.
This opportunity may be for you if…
- You’re not a dick.
- This is super-important. I promise everyone who signs up to my mailing list that I won’t sell them out, so anything I promote must be legitimate, useful, interesting, and honest.
- Plus, if we’re going to work together long-term, we need similar values or it isn’t going to work.
- Of course, you need to be good at what you do, and passionate about it.
- You like to share what works.
- The whole purpose of Web Design from Scratch has always been to share information about how to market online the right way.
- So I only want content that’s generous and genuinely helpful.
- That doesn’t mean you can’t blow your own trumpet. On the contrary, I’m specifically looking for your case studies about how you get traffic, get conversions, solve problems, win customers, retain business, make money, increase profits (whether for your own business or for clients).
- You’ve got big ideas.
- When it comes to the difference you’re making in the world, the bigger the better. It doesn’t matter if you’ve got a large agency or a big product/service company, or you’re just one person. It doesn’t matter if you’ve got lots of money in the bank or none. I am interested in hearing what you’d like to change.
- I love innovation, I love passion, and I love ideas that will improve the way we live. Making money is important, but it should come as a result of making a positive difference.
Your specialist area could be almost anything, as long as it’s interesting and helpful to my audience (people who do web design, web development, or online marketing).
You may be interested in WordPress, graphic design, copywriting, email marketing, web security, search engine optimisation, pay-per-click marketing, social media, conversion rate optimisation, or pretty much any area of online marketing and tech.
I’m offering you:
- Licence to publish your content on webdesignfromscratch.com.
- This may be your own work, or joint interviews etc.
- It is subject to my editorial quality control (must be top-quality stuff), and also subject to fair use (you can’t spam the site, we need to keep balance).
- Ability to promote certain top-quality content to my mailing list.
- This may include genuine offers and deals.
- Plus any connections, collaboration, ideas, or coaching I may be able to offer (in limited time!)
What I’m asking from you is your ideas for trade.
- Could be a partnership fee (suggested $500/month).
- Or possibly a revenue-share arrangement (need to be clear how this would be monitored).
- Or… something else. What kind of win-win scenario can you think up?
To take the next step, simply email me with your proposal! (I promise to reply to any genuine proposal that isn’t fucking stupid.)